My name is Ebonee Gatlin and I’d like to welcome you to my blog. What you can expect to find here are the inner-workings of my mind, and by that I mean fashion, since most of the time that is what my mind is preoccupied with (if you’re here I’m sure you feel me on this one). I plan to post outfit inspo, and share with you the items only a little bippity-boppity-boo action could acquire for me, AKA beautiful things I can’t afford but love to adore. The idea is that no matter if you can afford them or not, some things are just too gorgeous not to be discussed. Also to encourage because you don’t need these shining stars to be one. Style is a state of mind not a brand (although a little Chanel never hurt any outfit or anyone). For my first post I’ll keep it cliché and answer a few about me questions.
p.s. I also have a youtube channel in the making, updates to come 🙂
- What are you wearing? ahah what a fitting first question! Seeing as how I’m at home with no plans to go anywhere later today I’m in my go-to “doing nothing but still wanting to look decent outfit” which consists of yoga pants, an oversized, deep v Henley, and lace bralette. (not pictured: fuzzy socks) oh and a bonnet, you can’t forget the bonnet. (if you’re a natural haired girl like me you’ll understand this item as a necessity while lounging around).
2. Have you ever been in love? Yes. Every time I visit the sale section. haha but honestly in a romantic way, I’m not sure I think maybe I was but didn’t realize it until after. The words of Amy Winehouse come to mind when she said “I thought didn’t love you, when I did” (that’s a quote from her song Me & Mr. Jones, it’s great, she’s great)
3. Ever had a terrible break up? No. I’ve never been in a relationship, or at least what I would consider one so I haven’t had a break up yet either. I can’t decide if that makes me lucky or not.
4.How tall are you? 5’4 but when I took the drivers license photo my puff was in full effect so I think the hair added and inch so maybe I’m 5’3.
5. How much do you weigh? 100 lbs last time I checked. I want to gain weight to be a little fuller. Everyone rolls their eyes at me when I say that as if wanting to gain weight isn’t a problem because apparently everyone wants to lose it, but I think one of the most scoffed at goals is gaining weight to me it’s not fair, I’m pretty sure wanting to be a healthier weight doesn’t make me crazy. I have many thoughts on this maybe I’ll post about it eventually. I can’t be the only one who has experienced this.
6. Any tattoos? Nope, but I think they’re beautiful.
7. Any piercings? Just my ears, boring I know.
8. OTP (one true pair/couple)? BLAIR WALDORF & CHUCK BASS. I will never get over it.
9. Favorite TV show? Gossip Girl, I honest to goodness cried at the series finale and was pretty down for two weeks after it. To this day I can hardly bear to hear the songs It’s Time by Imagine Dragons or You’ve Got the Love by Florence + The Machine, both of which were played in the series finale.
10. Favorite bands? Talk about a loaded question for someone like me who is very passionate about music, luckily this question specifies bands, if it said artists… well lets just be happy it doesn’t. Some of my favorites in no particular order are Maroon 5 (shed a tear at their concert), Paramore (also left some tears at their show), Florence + The Machine, Cute is What We Aim For (talk about a throwback), and The Cab and The Fugees.
11. Something you miss? Being worry free or living in the moment, ever since I went to college, especially since I have graduated I’ve found my mind plagued with worries about the future and my life and things that really aren’t necessary, I miss being present and the silence of the mind that comes with it.
12. Favorite song? jeez. I thought I avoided the question that would lead me into the musical abyss in my mind. I don’t know if I could ever pick a favorite song, because it has changed so often throughout my life. So I’ll say as of late I have three: Sittin’ Up in My Room by Brandy, Caught Up in the Rapture by Anita Baker, All We Need ft. Shy Girls by ODESZA (Louis Futon Remix). Oh, and Child’s Play by Drake. So actually four.
12. How old are you? 22 (insert Taylor Swift reference)
13. What is your zodiac sign? Sagittarius, all the way.
14.Last book you read? The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro, started slow but was I was quickly hooked by the interesting characters, elegant writing, and intriguing world of perfume outlined in this novel! Great read!
15. Book you’re currently reading? The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, this should not be hard to believe given my answer to the question about what I miss, all I can say is that my mind has been blown several times already, truly life changing.
I think 15 questions is enough for now, you’ll hopefully learn more about me as time goes on. I plan to post here Wednesdays and Sundays for sure, and if inspiration strikes on an additional day, y’all may get some surprise posts! I have a few ideas myself of future posts, but if anyone reading has suggestions or requests, feel free to leave them in the comments!
UNTIL NEXT TIME,
Much Love, Ebonee.